Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A tote for a trip

I just got back from visiting family in Southern California.
It was just myself and my youngest, Opal.
I left my house at a frigid 20 degrees 


and stepped off the airplane in Long Beach to a pleasant, 
almost hot, 80 degrees.



The day before I left, 
because I'm kind of crazy, 
I decided I had to have a new bag for the occasion.


I've had the book,
 for quite some time now, and have made several projects from it.
It is really such a great book with simple, yet satisfying, projects.
This was my first attempt at the Everything Tote and I absolutely love it!
The name is so fitting, literally.
It's like Mary Poppins bag.
It holds everything without looking too big.


It has a contrasting lining and inner pockets, very cute.


It was the perfect size for the flight with a little one.
It fit everything I needed, including a bulky knitting project I'm working on, 
but wasn't to big to carry in addition to the baby in my arms.


Oh sunshine, I miss you already!




No comments:

Post a Comment