Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Little Gnome

I've always wanted a Gnome of my very own.
Now I have one.
Meet Opal the Gnome:


Although, I never knew a Gnome could be so cute.
The pattern is Pointy Elf Hat from More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and is so easy.
I hope to make a few more very soon.



The yarn is my own hand spun.
My mom has been a hand spinner for most of my life, 
and until the last few years, 
I haven't had much interest in learning myself.
I started knitting about 3 years ago and my desire to learn to spin has been growing ever since.
How amazing it feels to create something from start to finish.
I don't have my own spinning wheel yet, 
but my mom has 7!
Did I say 7?
Yes, 7.
7 spinning wheels.
Maybe next time I go to visit her, I will document them.
Anyway, I'm sure I won't have any trouble trying to find one to learn on.


Opal wants to wish you a very gnomey day!

No comments:

Post a Comment