Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birth: part 1

My first two babies, I had in a hospital, with all that that implies:
induction, pitocin, epidural, episiotomy, 
numb legs, postpartum depression,
and doubt.
Doubt about my contractions.
Doubt about pushing and if I was doing it the right way.
Doubt about breastfeeding and if I was capable.
Doubt about my own ability to mother.
My ability to mother?  Are you kidding me?
I am a Mother, that is what I am made to be.  Of course I know how to mother.
But still I doubted.
Why did I doubt?  Why would I doubt?
The more I thought about it, the more I realized why;
Why wouldn't I?
If I couldn't push out my own baby, without the help of Doctors, Nurses, Monitors, and Meds,  then how in the world could I feel capable of caring for the little one?
And so, upon this realization, I decided the third time would be different.  
I decided, but had no idea how different it would be.


I know, what a lovely picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment